A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Friday, December 21, 2012

Pay it Forward

Cam and I have been enjoying our adventure of performing acts of kindness. So far we are on Act #5 and it's been a really rewarding and fun experience. I think Phoebe was right when she said there was no selfless good deed... it feels good to help others! I also think I've come up with my New Year's resolution. Be kind and do kind things. Often. (Don't worry, Rick, I won't make us broke... I'm finding there are a lot of ways to do good for free!)

So, my friend Rachel over at Adventures of the Fried-Baby posted her #26Acts yesterday and had some great ideas (which Cam and I may just steal!). One of which was the idea of paying it forward, which I love. So I'm going to borrow her idea...

Leave a comment below describing an act of kindness you have done or seen someone do or even just an idea for me to do! I will pick a random comment using a random number generator tomorrow (Saturday) and the winner will receive a $20 Target gift card to use to fulfill an act of kindness and pay it forward to someone else! (If you receive this blog through email, visit the website and leave a comment for a chance to win!)

2 comments:

  1. gill! love :)

    as in chicago, there are many folks that are without a home here in boulder. it may come as a surprise because i think the perception is that boulder is wealthy, progressive and often considered a "bubble" (all of the above: true!). but,there are many homeless and struggling youth and adults. when i was driving to work the other day, i saw a woman pull out three large ziplock bags of food for the older man standing with cardboard sign on the street corner from her car. what i appreciated about her act of kindness is that she was offering him food - sustinence - and not a potential opportunity for the next fix. while i am making assumptions on what this man may have done with money had that been what came out of the car window, i like that she chose to feed him - his belly and hopefully his soul, too.

    good luck with your other acts! XOXO lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gill - you can borrow my ideas anytime :) This morning we bought breakfast (at Walgreens, cereal, milk, juice) for a homeless person asking for change outside. LOVE what you and Cam are up to! Hope we can get together soon (if we ever dig ourselves out of this germ hole - still sniffling at our house). Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete