A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

And He's Off!

The little mister woke up yesterday with a nasty cold. Runny nose, phlegmy cough and tired eyes. So, we've been hunkered down at home for the last two days. I seem to have caught his germs, so it's been a pajama-wearing kind of day and we have been keeping ourselves busy reading books, doing puzzles and singing songs.

Luckily, he's feeling just like himself and is happy as a clam crawling around the house chasing Maizey and getting into anything he can. So, I've taken it upon myself to teach him a few things... He will now roll his arms along to the tune of Wheels on the Bus. He now knows what sound a sheep makes, "Baa!", and he has perfected the squat. When I say, "up" he stands and when I say, "down" he squats down. It's like having a drill sargeant for a mom around here!

Since taking his first steps this weekend, we've been trying to encourage the little man to practice his new skill. Our little nugget is not much of a performer and is quite resistant to forcing enthusiastic encouragement. But, today, he decided to make his mama's heart melt when he actually walked. Several times.

I immediately called Rick who got to see him do it live on Facetime. Then I managed to capture it again on video. I squeezed him and kissed him and put him down for a nap, and now I'm just smiling because I'm proud of him.

I know we're in for trouble now... let the chasing begin!


1 comment: