A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Monday, April 9, 2012

5 Months!!



Dear Campbell,

I feel like each of my monthly letters to you begins with the same statement, but I'm going to say it again -- I can't believe you are five months old today! This past month has been such an incredible one. It has been my favorite so far as you have developed the sweetest and funniest personality. You have also learned so much and reached many milestones.


This month, you learned to roll over! You will only roll from your tummy to your back and you will only roll one way (over your left shoulder). Daddy and I have been encouraging you to roll the other way, but you aren't interested. You also started to sit up this month! You do a "tripod" sit where your hands support you and your body leans forward over your legs. You usually topple over after a few seconds unsupported, but my goodness you are getting strong!!

I'm not sure how much you weigh or how long you are, because we don't go to the doctor until you are 6 months old. But I can tell you you are definitely growing! You are wearing 6-9 month clothes and size 3 diapers. 
 
Perhaps your biggest accomplishment this month is learning how to sleep. You dad and I put you through Baby Bootcamp, and you no longer use your pacifier or swaddle to sleep. You still sleep in your Rock n Play, but once we return from all our travels this week, we plan to put you in your crib. Right now, you sleep from 6:00 pm-6:00 am. Sometimes you wake up around 3 am and fuss a little or talk to yourself, but you typically go back to sleep quickly. You are taking 3 naps a day which range from 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. We are so proud (and so thankful!) that you are getting the rest you need.

It is so obvious that you are so much happier now that you are rested. You are also able to soak up the world around you in a new way. You love your music classes and play dates. You still love to flirt with the ladies, and you are grabbing everything and trying to put it in your mouth! You love to look around on our daily afternoon walks, and just this weekend while we were in Florida (post to come soon!) you discovered the wind! You also went swimming with your dad for the first time on our trip!

Perhaps my favorite thing about your age right now is how fun it is to make you laugh. You laugh when we tickle you and make funny faces, and especially when Daddy throws you up in the air. We call you Cam the Ham because you truly are such a sweet, giggly, happy little guy. I love how you grab onto my fingers when you're eating, how you splish splash in the bath and get me soaked every time, and I love how you burrow your head in my chest when you're getting tired and you need a snuggle.

Campbell, you are more loved than you will ever know. It's impossible to put into words how special you are and how much joy you bring to our lives. We love you so much and can't wait to see what you have in store for us this month!

Love,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment