A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blessed.

I'm just feeling incredibly grateful and blessed at this moment, and needed to write down the overwhelming feeling of peace I am feeling so I can look back at this the next time I am overwhelmed with fear, guilt or exhaustion.

Cam and I had lunch today with two of our friends. Both shared some heartbreaking stories about their pregnancies and children they had lost. The three of us sat through lunch looking at our three little princes repeating, "our miracle babies." It was a quick last minute lunch turned emotional. I'm so glad it happened.

I then came home and put Cam down for a nap and opened my email to find a link to a blog about a mom who was pregnant with quadruplets, and only one is left fighting for her life. The tears just streamed endlessly.

I know this is all sounding so depressing, but I'm sitting here staring at the baby monitor as sweet baby Campbell sleeps and I can't stop smiling. I don't know if there's a reason I was to be reminded of how lucky we are to have a healthy, happy baby today. I'm not sure if Cam knows how loved and how absolutely perfect he is. I hope he does.

I do know one thing for sure.

We are absolutely blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment