A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Photo Wall

I've been VERY bad at changing the photos on our photo wall downstairs. Some of the pictures in there are classics (i.e. from 1987) but others are just a bit dusty. In fact, I didn't even have a picture of Cam down there.

So when I saw this on Pinterest, I was inspired.

I started my search for a frame and found one at JoAnn fabrics for $29! Tip: framing stores will put out custom made frames that people ordered but never picked up or ones that they no longer need at ridiculous discounted prices. The frame I bought is a custom wood frame measuring about 40" x 25".

I then searched for contact paper instead of wall paper so it could be easily removed, and I bought six white 5x7 frames from Target. After printing out the pictures, hanging all the pieces (it took about 30 minutes total!) our new photo wall was complete:

BEFORE

AFTER

Close up of contact paper and frames...

I am very pleased with how it turned out. It's clean, simple and makes me smile every time I walk by it. I think I may take a short break from Pinterest projects. In fact, I hear the laundry, and dishes, and floors, and countertops... calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment