Most people's complaint about Pinterest is that they spend hours "pinning" ideas onto their boards that they never end up creating. I, on the other hand, now have some time on my hands since Cam's nap schedule is all sorted out, and I have found myself itching to get crafty.
I started with Cam's room. I was not in love with the wall decor in there and saw this and this on Pinterest and used the two ideas as inspiration. I loved the idea of putting a quote up on Cam's wall that he could look at each day (when he eventually learns to read!) that reminds him of how much he is loved and how special he is. Even when he's sent to his room for being in trouble, and even when Mommy and Daddy are frustrated with him because he's doing this...
... I want him to be able to look at these words and remember he is adored. So, here's what I came up with:
| I used Mod Podge and tissue paper to cover a canvas. |
| I then adhered a quote onto the dried canvas. It says, "You are more beautiful than you know, More talented than you think, and More loved than you can imagine" |
Once that was completed, I decided Mod Podge was awesome! I started searching for other projects to use the tub I had bought, and came upon a list of ideas for using Mod Podge. One of which was to make coasters (which our house desperately needed!!).
For this easy project, I bought 4x4 white tiles at Home Depot (each $0.16), two pieces of scrapbook paper and shellac spray.
And here's how the coasters turned out!
We've been using them for a couple of weeks now and they have held up great. They're pretty, durable and you could really go wild making these. You could personalize them with pictures, monogramed paper, tissue paper for bright color, etc. etc! I will definitely be making these as gifts because of the endless possibilities.
Next up... this photo wall in our downstairs hallway!

No comments:
Post a Comment