A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Sunday, September 9, 2012

10 Months Old

Dear Sweet Campbell,

My goodness, can you believe you are ten months old today? This is going to be one long update, because you have been so busy this month! You have reached so many milestones and grown so much in the last few weeks, it's been exhausting keeping up with you!

You are still a super sleeper, taking two great naps and going to bed at 7:00. This past week, while we were in Austin, you slept in consistently until 7-7:15 am. I am not sure if this is your new wake up time or if you were just enjoying being on vacation, but let me tell you I enjoyed it!! You are still an awesome traveler and adjusted really well to your multiple new surroundings while we were in Texas. Way to go, Bud!


You're still taking four bottles a day and eating a lot of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. While I have been trying to encourage you to eat what we are eating, you're not a big fan of "real" food. Despite having four teeth now, you much prefer your purees, mashed up foods and puffs.

You are currently wearing mostly 12 month clothes and we moved you up to size 4 diapers. Your big tush seems much happier in the new size :)



Buddy you are on the move! You are officially a fast crawler and you keep us on our toes.


You are pulling up on everything! From furniture, to people, to toys and Maizey, we can't take our eyes off of you!





You've even taken a few steps around some furniture and while holding onto walkers and other pushable toys.



You have figured out how to climb up short stairs, but you're still working on that oh-so-safe skill. Yesterday, you stood up on your own (no support at all!) for a good 5-8 seconds. It was so shocking to see, and I wish I had a picture of your face. You seemed so scared and proud all at the same time.




You are a babbling machine! You wake up talking and don't stop until you go to bed. Your expressions are hilarious, and while most of the time, you make no sense at all, you are clearly saying "dada." You don't associate any meaning with it yet, but it's pretty cute to hear you say it.

You've learned a couple new tricks this month which I think are adorable. You can give us a high five and you like to clap along when I sing Pat-a-Cake to you. We're still working on getting you to wave hello and good bye, but you'll get there!

You have some very strong opinions my love! You definitely favor one lovey over the other (Lloyd, the monkey is your fave!) You would much rather drink water from an open container instead of a sippy cup. You are tired of certain books and bat them away now until we read the one you're more interested in. And you most certainly prefer being held by your mom. Fortunately, I don't have anyone else vying for my attention (except your dad) so I don't really mind, but you have a slew of people who would love to hold you and love on you, so give them a chance!

You still have the most squishable thighs, the chubbiest cheeks and the most marshmallowy arms. And man I love every bit of them. I am dreading the day they start to melt away now that you are on the move, but let me assure you I have been munching on them a LOT this month!



You still love books and would probably flip through them and read most of the day if I let you. You love anything with wheels (cars, trucks, strollers, wagons) and you love to make the wheels spin. You love to shake musical instruments and bang on the drums... you even go to play a real piano at Mimi and Poppy's house this week and you loved it! (Though I'm pretty sure if anyone else had been the one playing those tunes, Poppy would have thrown that piano out the door!) You are active, so ticklish, and still love your cuddles. You are simply perfect.


Bunny, there isn't much else in this world that fills my heart up as much as you do. You are truly a little angel. Sometimes, I'm afraid to blink because time is moving too quickly. I just hope as you grow up, your sweet and flexible personality continue to grow on the inside because it is so endearing and makes this momma so proud to call you mine.



I love you to pieces,
Mommy




And a couple outtakes because, let's just be honest here, this kid can go from zero to sixty in two seconds flat :)

Stop the torture!



Oh wait, I like the elephant. Ok it's cool, Mom, continue!

2 comments:

  1. He is SO adorable! So thankful he is such a great sleeper!! See... this inspires me to keep up the sleep training, ha ha! Thanks for all your input on my blog - helps more than you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittnie :) Hope you and Clara had a good day today!

      Delete