Campbell is one funny kid. He seriously cracks us up, and the past couple of months he has developed some new quirks that just make me giggle. I have a few documented in pictures and the rest I'll just have to narrate. Enjoy!
1. Downward Dog
Mr. C is getting stronger and more active, and does not like sitting still. He is crawling, crusing and pushing his way through our days. And every few minutes, in the middle of his race to get a toy or grab a hug from someone, he'll put his head on the floor and push up. We like to think he's into yoga... he's getting his zen on. Let me tell you, when that butt hits the air every few minutes of every day, it just makes you laugh.
2. Yayy!!!
Cam is a sensitive soul. Whenever he does something and we get excited or want to encourage him to keep doing it, it's natural for us to shout, "Yay!!" and clap. Well, this totally terrifies him. His face goes blank, he looks around like someone is coming to get him, and his body stiffens. Poor kid.
We've tried, "All right!" "Way to go!" and "Hooray!" but they all lead to the same reaction. What a little weirdo.
3. Fishy Face
As Cam's teeth have been coming in, he's discovering what his tongue and mouth can do. He's constantly rubbing his hands on his mouth, licking his lips, smacking his lips and blowing bubbles. One of his latest tricks is the fishy face. It's pretty stinking cute.
4. Jammie Meltdown
While there isn't much humor in a baby meltdown, I have managed to find the lighter side of this nightly ritual as it's been going on for a good couple of months. You see, unless this bugger is really hurt, really scared or teething, he really doesn't scream and cry and hold his breath. He's more of a fusser if he's unhappy with something.
Except when it comes to pajama time.
Cam loves his bath before bedtime. He loves his lotion, and his vitamins and the silly songs we sing as we put on his diaper before bed. And as soon as I take out his pajamas and start to put them on, the kid screams and cries like the world is ending. It's sort of a fake cry, really. No tears, and every few seconds he'll stop and look at me and smile, and then get back to his melting. He doesn't do this when he's being dressed at any other point during the day. Just night time. Weird, yes. Funny, kind of. But, buddy, I'm totally cool if you want to drop this little quirk any time soon. My ears hurt.
5. Toy Swap
We spent a good amount of time teaching Maizey early on that Cam's toys were not her toys. She learned really quickly and after maybe one or two destructive episodes, she really hasn't touched his stuff.
And then there's Cam. He's a little stinker. This kid has toys coming out of all corners of this house. Talking toys, plush toys, wheeley toys, walker toys, bouncy toys, and on and on.
But, of course, you always want what you can't have.
And all Cam wants are Maizey's toys. No matter what I try to offer him, he just wants a Nylabone. Thinking of buying him one for his birthday... at least that one will be clean!
6. Booty Dance
And lastly, I can't post the evidence of this because a) it's way embarrassing, b) it's totally inappropriate, and c) if it went viral and I ended up on The Today Show, I'm pretty sure Cam would disown me as his mother once he was old enough to use Google.
Have you ever seen that Friends episode where Rachel can only get her baby to laugh when she sings "Baby Got Back"? Well, I've always dreamed of being Jennifer Aniston...
You see, while we were in Austin, I was dancing in the living room, being goofy and overtired, and we noticed that as my back turned to Cam, he would start laughing. So I started to shake my booty a little more and the kid was laughing so hard his face was red and his eyes were watering. I danced a lot that day. And the next day, and the next day. You just can't stop when he's laughing like that... it's too much.
Judge away, but I totally empathize with Rachel now and will probably do many more inappropriate things to get this kid to laugh like that again.
How funny!! I can't wait for Clara to start laughing like that!
ReplyDelete