A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Monday, September 24, 2012

Pictureless Post :(

We packed up our car on Friday and headed up north to visit Nanny and Pop! We drove through the beautiful countryside of Michigan where the trees were starting to change colors and the smell of burning wood filled the air every few miles. I love driving up to Michigan this time of year. Seriously love the breathtaking views and the fact that my hubby prefers to be behind the wheel so I can take in the scenes.

Lori joined us on our trip, and it was fun to have an extra pair of hands to help with Cam and an extra opinion to throw into our road trip conversations.

Sadly, I spent the weekend in bed battling a nasty case of allergies and asthma. I didn't get to snap pictures of Campbell playing with all the new toys Nanny and Pop Pop bought him. I didn't capture his squeals of delight when Maizey and Ellie (my dog-in-law) would run by. I got no pictures of Aunt Boogie and Nanny taking care of Baby C while Rick and Pop Pop did the chores all day Saturday. Shame on me.

But, just because I don't have a picture, doesn't mean we don't have a whole slew of new memories formed in our minds. Another trip to the cabin spent enjoying the company of family, the quietness of seclusion, and the calmness of life up north.

Thank you Nanny and Pop for having us and spoiling us. Thank you for taking care of my baby when I couldn't. Thank you for loving him more than he will ever be able to understand.

We love you and every minute we spend with you!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment