A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Crafty Crafty!

I've been busy pinning away on Pinterest, but not so good about updating my successes. Thought I'd share some of the stuff that's been accomplished around here! (Again, pardon the horrible iPhone pics. #lazymom)


Cam has mastered the pulling up and eating his crib rail. Luckily, I was able to complete this easy project before he did any damage. It was super easy, cheap and took about twenty minutes for each side. I did alter the tutorial a bit and did a double layer of fleece, and used 12" wide fabric instead of the recommended 10". I also did a different type of tie because of my double layering, and I really like how it turned out. So far it's held up really well to Cam's gnawing.







I mentioned back here that I was doing a living room takeover. And I did... to a degree. Still working on some final touches and decisions, but last week when my mom was here, she helped me finish up a project that I wanted to tackle. 

I'm totally into the stripe trend. You can typically find Cam or I wearing stripes. I just think they're clean and classic.  I wanted to add some pattern to our living room, so obviously I went for stripes. Drapes can cost a LOT. Well, I found this shower curtain at West Elm and after taking some measurements, decided I would just cut it in half and use it as drapes! Half the price and easy peasy! It turned out just as I had hoped and I think adds some pizzazz to our space.



While updating our living space, I decided this old side table that I have had for the past 6 years needed an update: 


I took some paint from Cam's room (a light grey) and painted it up. Here's how it turned out:


I'm thinking of doing something fancy to the glass top... fabric, scrapbook paper, or just painting it. Thoughts!??!


And finally, during my organization challenge, I found some old vases and repurposed them. For a few bucks at the craft store, I bought some rocks and faux foliage and ta da!


1 comment:

  1. I really love the striped curtains! We have been in our house for 4 years now and haven't really changed anything since we first moved in and decorated. I am itching to change things up a bit but in an affordable/use what I already have kind of way. :)

    ReplyDelete