Dear Campbell,
How did this happen!?! You are eleven months old today and my eyes keep tearing up every time I say it. I seriously can not get over how much you have grown and how fast time is flying by. I can't take it. My heart is so full.
You are a crawling machine and get wherever you want really fast. You now crawl with one knee and one foot to get places a little quicker, and often I have to chase you to get to where you are heading first. You are cruising on furniture and pushing everything and anything that moves. In fact, this past weekend you started taking off with walkers! You will move from one piece of furniture to another and I have a feeling you'll be walking before your big birthday! You are one physical guy... you love being upside down, you hit your head at least twice a day, and you are strong!
You also crack yourself (and us!) up all day long. You think dogs are hystiercal, you are still the most ticklish little boy I know, and you think going up and down stairs is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You laugh so hard it is almost dangerous.
You're still sleeping really well, but man we are getting tired of the early wake ups! We can't really blame you... your dad and I are early risers, but not 6 am buddy. We started toying around with your bedtime this week pushing it a little later (and thus pushing your naps a little later). It seemed to work for a couple of nights, and then I saw the two little white specks on your upper gums. Two more top teeth are breaking through as we speak. And in true Cam teething form, you woke up nice and early for us. So, we'll see what happens when those teeth are done bothering you. I'm thinking a 7:30 bedtime will end up being the ideal bedtime for you, and that is fine with me :)
You are officially eating table foods happily and eagerly! You will try everything, but your favorites right now are cheese, turkey, blueberries, tomatoes, Cheerios and Goldfish crackers. You still have a hard time tolerating tougher textures (pasta, tough skins on veggies/fruits, etc.). Unlike your dad, breakfast is not your favorite meal but you chow down at lunch and dinner.
You still take four bottles a day and I can't believe this is your last month with those things. I am so excited to move onto milk, but I am sad for you because I know how very much you treasure your bottles. You can hear it being shaken and when you catch a glimpse of your bottle, your arms start flapping and you start squealing. Melt my heart.
You wear mostly size 12 month clothes and even a few 18 month ones! You're in size 4 diapers and started wearing shoes this month because of all the cruising you're doing outside. You are still a very heavy little boy, but I will hold you and carry you as long as you want my love!
Your favorite things right now include wheels (duh!), balls, story time, bath time, Maizey (and all dogs) and pushing things. You love to stand up, hold onto something and bounce your little tush. We like to think you're dancing, and it's adorable.
You have really come out of your shell this month. You are playing more independently and with other babies. You will crawl up to strangers in our classes and tap them on the leg or try and get in their laps. You are constantly going a little farther away from me, looking back to make sure I'm still around, and continuing with your adventures. And I absolutely love that.
Speaking of adventures. You get into everything. The cabinets, Maizey's water bowl, our shoes, closets, drawers and more. You love the buttons on the microwave, the cold feeling of the fridge and you love to climb into every corner and crevice you can find. It's so fun watching you discover this big world.
Buddy, I can't believe this is your last month as an infant. I can't believe how fast the last eleven months have flown by and how much of a little man you have become. You are the sunshine in my day and I could not be more in love.
I love you oh so very much,
Mommy
That smile in the last pic is priceless!
ReplyDelete