A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Keeping It Real, Part II

Man, I got a lot of feedback from my last Keeping it Real post (back here). So much so, I think there's a little bit inside each of us that needs more time to confess. I think the Catholics nailed this one on the head... it feels good to get things out there and leave them be. So, let's continue.

  • I am really bad at saying "no." It's bitten me in the butt over the last couple of weeks, and while I continue to tell myself that I need to do better at it, I still suck. Do I think your new hair do accentuates your eyes? No, but I'll probably say yes. Can I spare you five bucks? Not really, but here you go. I'm working on it. 
  • My name is Gill, and I'm a praise junkie. I read this blog article and literally thought to myself, "OMG, that's me." It was so eye opening because I have never ever admitted this out loud or had someone else point out this ridiculous characteristic of mine. But this lady wrote about it so well. It's frightening. I'm not going to go into it here, but it's bad. She does a great job of explaining... so go on over and judge me. 
  • I have a load of clean laundry currently sitting in my dryer. I keep re-setting the dryer to run because I don't want to fold it.
  • I really try hard to do fun and educational things with my baby during the day. I try to use my resources and be creative, and often I like to post my successes here. But, sometimes it's just a fail. Like yesterday...

  • I'm obsessed with my baby and I know it's annoying. I take a ridiculous amount of pictures and post them to Facebook and Instagram. (Refer back to confession #2... if you don't comment or like my picture, I probably think you don't like me or my baby. So "like" my pictures.) I used to gag at others who did this. Now it's me. 
  • Today is my first day back inside a gym in over a year. So embarrassing to admit. While I've been walking a lot and carrying 24 lbs. of cuteness around for almost 11 of those months, it still is so sad that I haven't been on a treadmill or in a Zumba class in so long. Feels good to be back... no weight loss goals, just purely for my mental and physical sanity and health. Hopefully I can maintain some routine and motivation to keep going.
  • My spending freeze was semi-successful. I went ten days without going to Target. Seriously that's huge for me. We ate a week full of dinners from food we already had in our pantry, fridge and freezer. Impressive, right?? I did buy C a new pair of jammies online for Halloween. And a birthday tshirt for next month. Oh, and I needed new running shoes (for my new gym membership...) Okay so it wasn't totally a spending freeze, but whatever.  

    And that my friends is how we keep it real. 


    (And, sorry for the all CAPS in the previous post. No idea what happened there.)

      No comments:

      Post a Comment