But as everyone always says, it all changes when you have a kid. This was Campbell's first Halloween, and oh it has been fun! We definitely went all out, celebrating in every way we could, and I am pleased to say our first Halloween as a family of three was quite successful.
Last time Fancy was here, she brought me my very own witch's hat and the torch was officially passed down.
Cam dressed up as a Campbell's tomato soup can. I figured this is the only year I'll be able to get away with this, and next year he'll actually have an opinion. Man, he was stinking cute.
Thank you, Nanny, for the amazing tomato hat that you knit to go with his costume. It is so cute and has kept him warm all week!
We went to a celebration at Wicker Park on Saturday with Izzy and some of our neighborhood buddies. We took pictures, watched a dog costume parade, picked a pumpkin from the "Pumpkin Patch" and played with the stroller wheels. Duh.
Yesterday, Cam hosted a Halloween bash for his friends. Some of his buddies came over to play, eat and be merry. Izzy even joined in the fun with the babies!
(Disclaimer: I could not, for the life of me, get good pictures of these kids. I think I was too overwhelmed with hosting duties along with making sure my child acted like a peach. So the pictures aren't great, but you get the idea.)
![]() |
| Waiting for everyone to arrive! |
A few brave souls tested out the "Bloody Brains"....
But, Campbell decided that reading books was more fun.
In the end, he was one happy kid. Isn't that what Halloween is all about!?!
Tonight, we will go "Trick or Treating" on our block. One of the streets around the corner shuts down to cars so the kids can frollick around. It's a big block party and should be fun! We will most likely last twenty minutes considering it's supposed to be 40 degrees and we're cutting it close to bedtime, but it's all about the experience, so we're doing it.
Happy Halloween y'all!












How fun are y'all?? What a cute party. And oh my gosh Cam's costume is awesome!! Love!
ReplyDelete