A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Friday, January 25, 2013

Things I'm Loving

Thanks for your input on the Things that Confuse Me post. I get the whole artificial sweetener is not considered sugar, but it still seems like false advertising.

But today, let's talk about some things I'm loving right now!

Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Facial Peel 

This stuff is awesome. As I inch toward another birthday, I can see the effects of aging, pregnancy, and the environment taking its toll on my skin. I know I'm not old, I'm not saying that. But I do believe that the skin you take care of today will be the skin you are proud of in thirty years. So, after a friend recommended this product, I thought I'd try it. I'm using it along with some Dermalogica products that I also really love (Active Moist moisturizer!) So far, I'm noticing smoother and more vibrant skin.


Book of Mormon (The Musical... not the actual Book of Mormon)

Okay, I know this one is controversial, but I loved it. Rick took me out for a night on the town this week to see it and we laughed so hard (and cringed a few times, too)! You definitely need a sense of humor, and you certainly need to be able to laugh about religion in order to enjoy this. There were a few comments we heard of people sitting around us who were obviously offended, but it's produced by the guys from South Park, so what do you expect?! Two thumbs up from me!


Clean Eating Avocado Pesto Recipe

I pinned this one on my Yum Yum Pinterest board a while ago, and my sister, Allie, told me she tried it last week. She said it was yum yum, so I tried it last night! Rick and I both agreed it was delish and with minimal ingredients it felt light and healthy. We even have leftovers to put on whatever else we want this weekend. Score!


Homeland 

Between people posting about it on Facebook and the actors being nominated for Emmys and other awards, I decided I needed to see what all the hype was about. We ordered the first season on DVD because we don't have Showtime. This show is so addicting we watched the entire first season in three nights. I have been dreaming about it, talking about it, and obsessing about how we are going to see the second season. At one point I almost made Rick call the cable company to order Showtime, but he reminded me we need not make rash decisions. Men.

Anyway, if you have Showtime, watch it. Great television and it is guaranteed to make you feel unsafe and insecure about your country's ability to protect against terrorists. Awesome, right!?


Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Ive never seen Homeland but the Golden Globes got me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete