It may seem from the past few posts that I have a weird obsession with my mom. Forgive me, but I do. She's more than a mom, she's a pillar of strength and my best friend. Years ago, when I was in grade school, I had a problem with remembering to bring home my homework. We spent many evenings driving back to school to get my books and folders and binders that I needed. In her frustration, my mom created the term "Mummy Time" to describe the time at the end of the school day I should take to think carefully about the materials I needed to bring home. Since then, Mummy Time has evolved into the phone calls made on my way home from work or the emails exchanged throughout the day. It's that time when you just need a dose of Mom to make everything better.
Today, Mummy Time was much needed and extra special. It was a tough day at school today, so when I came home and my mom was waiting at my house for me, it was instant happiness. Even more, the hum of the laundry machine was running, my fridge had been stocked with food, and my favorite candle was burning. We poured the wine and opened a box of crackers, and I let the tears flow.
For me, when I'm feeling like the world is not on my side, it's my mom who usually lifts me right up. Today was no exception, and Mummy Time couldn't have come at a more perfect time.

No comments:
Post a Comment