I, of course, was too afraid to leave the house in the crazy blizzard, so we made the most of the white-out and enjoyed a snow-in. We watched Father of the Bride and Father of the Bride Part II many times as they were repeatedly being played on TV. Mostly we comforted ourselves by eating our way through the day. Gena made hot chocolate, and we built a fire to make smores. Allie even joined us for some smores making! We stayed in our pajamas all day and only got up from the couches when we needed to pee, get a drink or eat some more! We took naps on and off, and enjoyed our lazy Winter Sunday to the fullest. I can't remember the last time I stayed in my sweats all day. Even more, I can't remember the last time Gena and I got to spend a day doing nothing but enjoying each other's company.
Gena, I hope you know how wonderful it was to have you here this weekend. Our time together was just what the doctor ordered, and I can't wait for the next time we get to snuggle in bed and watch Friends like the old times. Love you!
| "I want the chipper chicken!" |

No comments:
Post a Comment