A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 30: Happy Hanukkah!

Well, it's here. The first night of Hanukkah. I remember the excitement I felt as a child on the first day of Hanukkah. I could barely wait to get home from school to open those presents. I thought about the latkes all day and hoped I'd be the one that got to light the menorah that night. It was just pure fun.



While Hanukkah is not my most favorite holiday, what I do love is the holiday spirit that fills the house when Hanukkah arrives. I love the candles and the smell of latkes (even if they are from the freezer section). I truly love giving gifts to the people I love and making them feel special.

Our first night of Hanukkah this year was pretty low key. We opened presents from Mom and Dad... we made latkes... lit the menorah... and celebrated the season of happiness together.



No comments:

Post a Comment