Monday was a hell of a day, and I am so lucky to have such strong a support system around me to carry me through days like those. I truly feel blessed, and yestereday I was reminded how fortunate I am to have some of the most caring, thoughtful and loving friends a girl could ask for.
As I was picking up my students from outside recess, I heard my name called and as I turned around, Adrienne was standing there with a mocha from Panera in hand. A simple, "hope you're having a better day today," and a smile on her face made me blush and want to cry all at the same time. She didn't have to go and buy me a cup of coffee, nor did she have to take time from her busy day to stop in and check on me. But she did. And that's why I love her.
It's moments like these that make me wonder about all the people out there who don't get to wake up every day and go to work with their best friends. I can't imagine what it would be like, and I'm glad I don't have to.
Thanks, Ade, for making my day a lot sweeter (and a lot more caffeinated)!
I just stumbled across your blog on Emily's, and wanted to let you know I LOVE IT! It made me so happy.
ReplyDelete