A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 45: Christmukkah!

It's the MOST wonderful time of the year... I have been looking forward to this night all year and it finally came! Last year, Adrienne and I decided to host a Christmukkah sleepover party at my house for the night before the last day of school. We invited our dearest friends from work, arranged a Secret Santa gift exchange and enforced a strict "pajama wearing only" rule!

While last year's shin dig was fabulously fun, this year's was even better! Somehow, I convinced Rick to sleep out that night so we could have the house to ourselves and not worry about waking him up. We also had some newbies who came this year! We all got a pair of holiday socks, we changed into our jammies quickly and the party began! We drank champagne out of the fancy crystal (to celebrate Steph and Elle's recent Masters graduations!) and devoured some fancy pizzas on paper plates. We exchanged gifts, gossiped galore, and snuggled with each other in every nook of the living room.

By the time we decided to go to sleep, we were all so exhausted we couldn't muster the thought of going to work the next day. But, we managed to wake up the next morning, and Adrienne cooked burned some bacon and hash browns for breakfast.

It was yet another very successful Christmukkah, and I'm already counting down until next year.

Happy Winter Break Hoffmanites!




 






No comments:

Post a Comment