If I haven't made it clear, I really love winter break. I am oozing with joy as I get to sip my coffee in the morning slowly and read a book (I actually finished it today!) with Maizey curled at my feet. I love that I can enjoy watching the snow fall and not stress about having to drive in it. Vacation should be mandatory for all Americans. I think I'll write President Obama about some new legislation -- The Vacation for All Bill of 2010.
Today, I got to do some more house chores that often get neglected, I had lunch with a dear friend from work, and got to spend some quality time with the cutest baby I know. She's seriously the happiest baby ever. She's got such a personality and her laugh is infectious.
It's starting to get dark out (yes, at 4:30 pm). I'm sitting here with a glass of wine, watching Maizey chew on her bone and just trying to soak up every ounce of winter break that I can. It goes by too fast... but, man, it has brought tons of happiness in such a short amount of time.
I stole this picture off Allie's blog... and while it's not from today, it just radiates happiness. I love this kid to pieces.

No comments:
Post a Comment