I've been looking forward to this weekend for months. After much anticipation and preparation, I could hardly believe it was here. On Friday, my mom flew into Chicago for the weekend to spend some quality time with me (and Izzy of course!). We spent Friday evening at home drinking wine and eating Italian take out. It's rare that we get to spend time just the two (well, three) of us lately. So, it was the perfect way to spend a Friday evening. Talking and laughing and soaking up each other.
Saturday was the main event. We went to dinner with Adrienne and her mom and then the four of us headed to the Michael Buble concert. Dinner was filled with laughter and smiles. We took our time eating and drinking and sharing our stories. It was easy and fun to be all together.
I can't remember the last concert I went to. Nevermind a concert with my mom. But when I heard Michael Buble was coming to town, I knew instantly who would appreciate the event as much as I would. So instead of forcing Rick to come with me, Adrienne and I recruited our favorite women and tickets were bought. It was really interesting to see the fans at this venue. Everyone from couples in love, to adolescents with their moms, to screaming twenty-somethings braved the brutally cold winter to get a glimpse of Buble. We sang along to his ballads and laughed at his jokes. He's incredibly charming, and I don't think anyone left that concert without Googling his fiance to see if she is really good enough for such an endearing young man.
It was really the perfect weekend. It was so special to drink coffee with my mom in the morning. It was wonderful to get to know the woman who raised such a beautiful young lady who has become one of my best friends. I am so glad we got to spend an evening with Mr. Buble all together. I won't forget it for a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment