As I get older, and as I become more in tune with who I really am and what I really want in life, I have gained some significant insight into the types of people I want to surround myself with. I have never been the person who has a million friends. I've always prided myself on keeping a tight group of friends close by. I believe it's rare to find those truly magical friends who bring out the best in you, truly love you for all your flaws, and don't leave your side no matter how ugly your life becomes. It's rare because not many people who are not blood relatives want to deal with the baggage that so many of us carry.
Lucky for me, I found one of those rare gems. We met freshman year in college and instantly bonded. We love each other like sisters. We fight like sisters. I'm G1 and she's G2. Yin and yang. We've been through a lot together, and it has truly only made us stronger.
Today, as I was reading through emails during my lunch break, her name popped up in my inbox. To spare her embarrassment, and honor the deep trust we have built over the years, I'm not going to post her email. But, her words brought me to tears. She's such a beautiful writer... a beautiful person and she hardly knows it. I love that about her... she eats a lot of humble pie.
I have re-read the email countless times today, and I haven't deleted it yet (nor do I plan to). I hope she knows how special she is and understands the effect she has on the lives around her. Especially on me. Especially today.
She's my diamond and brought a lot of sparkle to my day today.

No comments:
Post a Comment