Unfortunately, I did have a stack of papers to grade that were nearly as tall as me (I know, doesn't seem like a lot... but five feet worth of papers is actually quite a pile!) But, it seemed to go by much quicker and more easily listening to the crackle of the fire in the background. This Winter thing ain't so bad :)
happiness (n): a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy.
A Dose of Happiness
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Day 77: Crackle! Crackle!
It's brutally cold out. Like really, really cold. I don't know if it's because icy nastiness is coming down, but it just seems more miserably cold than it has been in the recent weeks. I have come to terms with the Chicago winters. I've learned to embrace the chunky winter clothing and the salt that ruins all my shoes. I love drinking hot beverages and sipping soup for six months straight. Shivering even seems to burn extra calories, so I can appreciate the frigidness and what it does for my tush. But, my favorite part of Winter by far is the smell of the fireplace as it warms up the house. So, what better way to spend a day off from work than sitting by the fire and grading papers?
Unfortunately, I did have a stack of papers to grade that were nearly as tall as me (I know, doesn't seem like a lot... but five feet worth of papers is actually quite a pile!) But, it seemed to go by much quicker and more easily listening to the crackle of the fire in the background. This Winter thing ain't so bad :)
Unfortunately, I did have a stack of papers to grade that were nearly as tall as me (I know, doesn't seem like a lot... but five feet worth of papers is actually quite a pile!) But, it seemed to go by much quicker and more easily listening to the crackle of the fire in the background. This Winter thing ain't so bad :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment