As we get older, it becomes more challenging to buy gifts for everyone in our family. None of us need anything and most of us feel silly making wish lists. This year, I had one thing on my birthday wish list. A hard floor steam cleaner.
This winter has been brutal on my floors. Maizey tracks in more salt and snow than anyone could possibly imagine. Our floors, as lovely as they are, happen to be the very special type of wood that shows every smudge, fleck of dirt and eyelash that falls. Throw me in the mix, and you can imagine how many times Rick has come home to me on all fours scrubbing the floors. I used to make fun of my mother for scrubbing our tile kitchen floors with a toothbrush and bleach. I totally get it now, Mom. Please accept my apologies.
Lucky for me I have some fabulous sisters who so generously bought me this lovely steam cleaner. I was a bit skeptical at first, and I have to say, I still can't really understand how pure steam can sanitize my floors. Nevertheless, my floors were in dire need of a good cleaning yesterday and I decided to put my new present to the test. Literally. I cleaned one half of my floors with my old school rag and bucket of soapy water. The other half was met by the steam machine! I was pretty amazed and see a lot of steaming in my future.
If this supposed blizzard does indeed come through tomorrow, I may spend the day trying to figure out how to use the handy tool to create a steam facial! Or maybe a steamer for wrinkled clothing? Oooh the possibilities!!

No comments:
Post a Comment