A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 78: Bubbly Bubbly

No I'm not talking about champagne (though, that does sound lovely right now). I'm talking about the most ridiculously bubbly bubble bath I've ever had. I bought myself some $4.99 bubble bath at ULTA this weekend when I decided my life needed more bubble baths and decided to take the stuff for a test drive last night.

Don't bubble baths just ooze happiness? I think about being a kid and making mustaches out of the bubbles and piling them on our heads to make our hair look like Marge Simpson. I also think about how relaxing they look in the movies (ok, and romantic, too). So, in my quest to find more happiness in my day-to-day happenings, I made the executive decision that yesterday would be bath day. With a glass of wine in hand, and an insane pile of bubbles brewing in the tub, I hopped in and soaked. For about 10 minutes. That's about all I could handle of sitting still and looking at the bubbles.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good soak in the tub, but I think the problem with my attempt at relaxation last night was my inability to actually relax -- and Maizey's face propped on the ledge of the tub the whole time didn't help much either. So, while I enjoyed my wine and smelled really great afterward, I think I'll save the bubble baths for those rare nights when the house is empty and I can find the "off" button to my very overactive mind.

1 comment:

  1. We are TOO much alike ;-)...including the furry friends longingly peering over the edge of the tub.

    ReplyDelete