A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 87: Sister, Sister

When Allie was in college, her roommate told her about a term of endearment she used to call her sisters: "eeeerrrrs." Back then, whatever Allie did, we all wanted to do. So when she began calling us her Eeeerrrs we couldn't resist and the term stuck.

Well one of my favorite eeerrrs came to celebrate my birthday/get her Izzy fill this weekend, and I couldn't be more thrilled. On Friday night, Candy, Allie and I went out to dinner just the three of us. No husbands, no babies, no holding back. The last time we did this was a few months ago when Candy and I "kidnapped" Allie for her first night away from Miss Cuteness. Tonight, Allie wasn't itching to call Hart and check on the temperature of the house. I wasn't checking my phone for a poop report from Rick. We really just enjoyed our time together, drinking and laughing and catching up on the sister stuff that often gets lost in the craziness of everyday life.

I am so lucky to have my eeeerrs. They are the glue that holds me together. They don't judge, they don't lie, and they don't hold grudges. Sister love is the kind of love you don't have to worry about. It's always there. Always.



We missed you, Ash. So, we saved a seat for you at dinner!

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate that my seat is right in front of the wine bottle too!! Wish I could have been there

    ReplyDelete