Don't fret, Rick.. I'm not talking about Michigan State. I'm talking about coming to terms with the fact that chemicals are bad and I need to start cleaning with more safe and healthy products. I have taken a lot of steps to make our home more environmentally friendly -- recycling, replacing light bulbs, buying organic foods, and using less paper goods. But I've had a hard time letting go of my cleaning products.
I can admit that I am a clean freak. I get a sick kick out of scrubbing floors and Windexing windows. I love the smell of clean, but I've known deep down for a long time that that "clean" was pretty harmful. I've tried all natural products before, but my house never felt sanitized and it bothered me. I knew I had a few hours in the house to myself yesterday, so I went to Target and bought some Mrs. Meyers cleaning products that claim to be safe and healthy for your home, but supposedly actually clean as well. I threw out my Pine Sol and Magic Erasers, and after two hours of ceiling to floor cleaning, I am convinced you can actually have a clean home without it smelling like a chemical plant.
Nevertheless, I couldn't come to terms with getting rid of my Windex just yet. I'm just not ready to part with that one of a kind, streak-free shine. Baby steps, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment