I consider myself a pretty normal 26 year-old. I have great friends, a stable job, a loving husband and a beautiful home. In the past few months, I've also started reflecting on my life's path and choices that I've made. I think most twenty-somethings go through a period like this. Call it what you like -- a quarter life crisis? Soul searching? Boredom?
Most who know me well would tell you that I am an emotional being. Mostly, I cry a lot. Turning on the TV to the last ten minutes of a cheesy chick flick will trigger water works. I tear up listening to my dad's sad (and possibly fabricated) stories of his childhood. It's who I am, and I've come to accept it. I'm also an over-analyzer. These two traits don't necessarily mesh well.
Recently, I've been asking a lot of questions -- did I make the right career choice? Should we have bought our house so quickly? Was investing in a puppy a good idea? Am I making a difference in this world? After many thoughtful conversations with my friends, my family and my incredibly patient husband, I am no closer to finding answers than I was before. But, yesterday, a friend mentioned to me that I hadn't written anything about work on the "happiness blog." It struck a chord with me and I've been thinking about it for the last 24 hours. It got me thinking...
I could write about the inappropriate note I intercepted today that made me laugh hysterically and made my face turn tomato red.
I could write about the sweet notes and pictures the little ones leave on my desk throughout the day.
I could write about the thrilling thought of sleeping in tomorrow for inservice.
While all of those make me smile with glee, the one thing I can think of today that really made me truly, deeply happy are my amazing coworkers who have become more than my friends. We are a family. It's cheesy and cliche, but I know for sure that I would not make it through a day without them. We spend more time together than we do with our own husbands and boyfriends. We leave cards in each other's mailboxes, eat lunch together every day, and give lesson plans to each other when we have no clue what we should be teaching that day. We work hard together, and we play hard, too. I thank my lucky stars every day that I landed at Hoffman in 2008 with these girls. For that reason alone, I'm starting to realize the answer to my first soul searching question.
I didn't go around school today taking pictures of these amazing ladies. I thought that'd be creepy. Instead, I'm posting some of my favorite memories with my HOs. Here's to many more happy memories together!




No comments:
Post a Comment