A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 28: Home is Where the Heart Is

Today was one of those days. I was chilled to the bone in my classroom and couldn't warm up. I felt cloudy and groggy from waking up at 5 am for the first time in 5 days after taking a sleeping pill for the first time ever. My muscles hurt from my hacking cough that makes people stand ten feet away from me. The Tire Pressure Low light was flashing at me this morning on my drive to work. My pinkie toe was poking through a hole in my sock all day. It was just one of those can't-catch-a-break days.  I just wanted to come home and find comfort in a cup of hot chocolate, my favorite throw blanket and a snuggle with the pup. It's amazing how an hour at home with a candle burning and music playing melts the day's frustrations away.

Tonight I am declaring a Thanksgiving-break-extension. No grading papers. No checking email. No stressing about work. I hereby grant myself one more night off. Cheers to that!


Guess I need to pour myself another cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment