Our visit to the Zing this weekend was like most of the past. But each time we go, I appreciate Rick's passion for the sandwich a little bit more. The way his eyes light up when he ponders the menu (which he has memorized) makes my heart melt. I adore the way he spends our entire 4 hour car ride asking my opinion about which bread he should choose for his sandwich. His love for Zingerman's is nothing but endearing. My sandwich on Friday was delicious, but the perma-smile on Rick's face that night was the sweetest part of my day.
happiness (n): a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy.
A Dose of Happiness
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Day 4: The Zing
Rick and I were in Ann Arbor for the weekend with his family. And on Friday, happiness came in the form of a sandwich. We met the gang at Zingerman's Rick's Mecca for dinner. To be honest, I'm not even the biggest sandwich fan, but my husband has a love affair going on with this place, and we can not make a trip to Ann Arbor without having at least one meal at the Zing. Rick took me there on our first date. At the time, I was less than impressed when we pulled up to a deli, but looking back, I can't imagine our first date being anywhere else.
Our visit to the Zing this weekend was like most of the past. But each time we go, I appreciate Rick's passion for the sandwich a little bit more. The way his eyes light up when he ponders the menu (which he has memorized) makes my heart melt. I adore the way he spends our entire 4 hour car ride asking my opinion about which bread he should choose for his sandwich. His love for Zingerman's is nothing but endearing. My sandwich on Friday was delicious, but the perma-smile on Rick's face that night was the sweetest part of my day.
Our visit to the Zing this weekend was like most of the past. But each time we go, I appreciate Rick's passion for the sandwich a little bit more. The way his eyes light up when he ponders the menu (which he has memorized) makes my heart melt. I adore the way he spends our entire 4 hour car ride asking my opinion about which bread he should choose for his sandwich. His love for Zingerman's is nothing but endearing. My sandwich on Friday was delicious, but the perma-smile on Rick's face that night was the sweetest part of my day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment