A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Friday, November 26, 2010

Days 22-25: Full of Thanks... and Pie!

Forgive the delay in posting for the past few days. We have been up north at the Mathews cabin, and it was filled with happiness and thanks! So, I'll try to make this short and sweet...

On Tuesday afternoon, Rick and I headed up to northern Michigan to spend Thanksgiving with the Mathews clan. We were excited to say the least, and so was Maizey. She was so excited, in fact, she got a little car sick, and then rolled around in some sticky burrs when we let her out on the side of the road. Six hours, later we arrived at the cabin with big hugs and kisses!

Our time up north is usually filled with lots of eating, relaxing, playing board games, enjoying the outdoors and soaking up family time. This was Maizey's first trip up to the cabin, and I was so excited to let her run free for the first time. She loved the freedom and we learned quickly that this pup can run fast! Maizey and her "aunt" Ellie spent 48+ hours playing non stop. And, Maizey saw snow for the first time this weekend. Just like I thought, she's a definite snow bunny!

Rick's mom fed us well this weekend, as usual. She made delicious Thanksgiving dinner, including some of the best pumpkin pie I've ever eaten. It was a great weekend full of laughs, love and fun. Though I didn't get a chance to take a ton of pictures, here are a couple of Maizey enjoying "camp" to it's fullest...


 
Maizey and Ellie taking a break....




Every year at Thanksgiving, my family takes time to go around the table to say what we are thankful for. I didn't get a chance to express my gratitude this year at the Thanksgiving table, and thought I'd do it via pictures instead. This year, I am thankful for...

A family that would do anything for one another...


An adorable niece who has a better wardrobe than me...




A sweet puppy who loves me unconditionally...


Incredibly gracious grandparents who have hearts of gold...


The most amazing friends who stand by my side....


A husband whose love fills up my soul every day...
 Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment