A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Monday, November 22, 2010

Days 20 and 21: Breathe... Then Laugh



So yesterday was quite an eventful day, and I won't go into it now or I might faint. Needless to say, yesterday morning started off beautifully. Rick had booked massages for us in the morning, and I had been looking forward to it all week. We used to try to get massages more regularly, but haven't had a minute of time in the past few months, so this was going to be a treat! We enjoyed our morning coffee together and then indulged in sixty minutes of pure heaven. It was MUCH needed, and truthfully I could have used another one today :) I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the spa, or my massage therapist (who was delightful), so here's a totally random picture I found on the internet of a woman I do not know getting a massage. She looks very relaxed, doesn't she!?



Today was a much less frantic day, and while it is storming like mad outside, I am sitting here unable to control my laughter. It's one of those laughs that hurts because you can't stop. I love those kinds of laughs. Each year, the English Language Learner teachers at our school work with their non-English speaking students to compile a Thanksgiving Recipe Book. The kids get to pick their favorite Thanksgiving dishes and come up with their recipe for it. It's one of the funniest documents you may read, and it brings lots of laughter to my whole family who gets the "book" annually from me. I've pasted a few of my favorites from this year's recipe book below. Happy laughing! 


Philippe’s Famous Turkey
Kill the turkey. Cook it with fire. Cut it. Eat it.

Henry’s Famous Pizza
You buy it in the store. Then you have to cook the pizza for 7 minutes? The oven has to be 30 degrees. Then you put 3 paperowny. Or you can take out the paperowny and make it cheese pizza. Then you can eat it.

Anette’s Famous Chocolate Milk
You put milk- 1 pound. Then you put sugar- put two pounds. Then put the chocolate- 2 pounds. Then mix it. Then there’s your chocolate milk. Then drink it. 





Wendy’s Famous Tamales
First, you buy the dough I think. Then you mix it in a bowl, then you buy the leaves thingymagiggy, yeah, the sleeves. Then, you ok, you get a spoon and then you spread the dough in the leaves. Then you wrap them up and then you put them in the tamalera, then you cook them for an hour then you take them out and serve them. And then that’s all.

Yesenia’s Famous Pasta
You put 3 spoons of soup in a bucket of cooking. Stir it for 2 minutes. When it gets hot it’s all done.

Minjin’s Famous Turkey
Put turkey, corn, potatoes, and carrots in the oven.

David’s Famous Mashed Potatoes on Thanksgiving
We need potatoes.  We gotta get the mash tool, shove it in there like you’re hitting your pillow.  Next, you put the mashed potatoes in the oven.  Wait for maybe about like 20 minutes or more.  Then finally, take it out and eat it!  Have a good Thanksgiving party!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment