This weekend has been one of those unexpectedly perfect ones. It was the perfect combination of spending time with friends and family, eating delicious weekend food, getting things knocked off my to-do list, and some much needed "me time" (i.e. shopping). After a couple hours of sleeping in, Saturday began with an inspiring cup of coffee and a trip to Target. When I got home, I was inspired to organize our closets downstairs. Two hours later, I managed to get Rick to get rid of 20+ clothing items that a) he hasn't worn in years, b) don't fit anymore or c) I thought were hideous. You have to understand that Rick comes from a family of "collectors". They aren't the creepy hoarders you see on TV, but the Mathews family is wired to hold onto things for as long as possible. This means when I show Rick a shirt that I think is ready to retire to the garbage, his most likely response is, "but I wore that shirt the day Michigan won their first game of the season in 1991." Three garbage bags full of clothes later, our closet looks like Mary Poppins swept through and sang a catchy song while the clothes folded themselves neatly.
The day ended with some old friends eating fancy tacos and drinking fruity margaritas. Perfection.
Today is even better than yesterday. Today the sun is shining. Football is on, the laundry is done, and we are soaking up the last few hours of weekend-ness. After a delicious Sunday brunch, I went to see my favorite niece. She gets cuter every time I see her. Today was no exception. She was sitting up and eating rice cereal like a big girl, and of course, she was well equipped with hair accessories.
There was too much happiness going on this weekend to narrow it down:
The finished product. Let's see how long this lasts...
Pretty in pink and oh-so cute
New shoes (don't they look happy??)
Thank you, weekend. I will miss you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment