I've been known to countdown a lot... how many days until school is out, how many episodes of my favorite show are left, how many months until I get to see my best college friends again. I have also been made fun of quite a bit for looking forward to something for such a long time and then lamenting the end of the event before it even begins. I look forward to my birthday all year (I love birthdays!) but on January 28, I start to get depressed that my special day is almost here and it will be over too quickly. After a year and a half of planning my wedding, I hung my head low as we boarded the plane to Austin with my dress in tow because I knew it would be over in a blink of an eye. And just before every holiday, I am plagued with a pang of sadness that the decorations will soon need to be taken down, the perfect bows will be untied from the presents, and the sparkle of holiday happiness will soon fade away.
For this reason, it may be hard to understand why Fridays make me ooze with happiness. So let me try to explain. It's the beginning of two days of pure joy. Two days of sleeping in past five a.m. Two days of not hearing my name called out every 20 seconds. Two days of drinking wine, catching up with friends, and staying up late enough to have a meaningful conversation with Rick.
I guess unlike other momentous occasions, Fridays don't make me sad because I know they come around often. I know that when those Sunday Blues roll around in 48 hours, all I need to do is start a new countdown. So, tonight, the wine is poured, dinner is ordered, and I am ready to soak up the last ounces of this Friday. TGIF, y'all!
 |
| Cheers! |
No comments:
Post a Comment