A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 3: Where's Daddy?

Since we got Maizey, coming home after work has been an exciting time! As soon as I open the door, she barks to remind me that she's downstairs and would like to get out! If I come home and don't hear that sweet little reminder, my heart stops until I get downstairs to check out the damage that she's done.

For the last few weeks, after she eats dinner and I'm either a) cooking dinner, b) doing work, or c) lounging around... Maizey patiently waits by the door. She stares out that door until Rick shows up, and when he does... it's as if she hasn't seen him in years. The excitement she shows when he walks into the house is the exact excitement I feel inside when I see him, too. I just don't pee excessively and lick his face raw to show my affection :)



So, we'll wait patiently for Rick to come home tonight. And in the meantime, I'm going to indulge in some additional happiness -- a glass of wine and a dose of Oprah!

2 comments:

  1. love that you still love oprah! and i think this blog is a good step in the direction of becoming her replacement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. Good news is it never gets old :)

    ReplyDelete